Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Seoul Randomness

There are a lot of awesome things about living in korea. The heated toilet seats in the teacher's women's restroom being one of them. But you know what isn't so great here in korea?

toothpaste.

I'm not even kidding. The toothpaste here doesn't really freshen breath. And korean people brush their teeth after meals. I've seen them do it & they teach little elementary school students to do it too.

So it baffles my mind why there's not readily available minty fresh toothpaste that, you know, makes your breath smell minty fresh as well. Because, call me crazy, their breath ought to smell like they brush it as many times a day as they do.

I might have mentioned this before, but deodorant isn't common here either. But korean people smell lovely even if they sweat, so I guess they don't really need it.

But you know what I keep thinking about? I wonder what brand of toothpaste these kpop stars use. If they stick with korean toothpaste or do they use western style toothpaste. Or if they run around not wearing deodorant but still smell fresh...and brushing their teeth three times a day with their breath smelling fresh as well. And what if you are a kpop idol who happens to need deodorant? Because then you'd be smelling all sorts of fresh, and none of it the good kind.

I dunno, but I think about these things.

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha...this is a TOTAL michelle post. LOVE IT.

    I don't like the toothpaste in Turkey so much either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never buy Korean toothpaste. Or Korean feminine products. I learned the hard way.

    Go to Costco or any department store and buy the American brand. It's more expensive, but so worth it. Especially the feminine products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a book called Etiquette Guide to Korea, and there's a footnote that states this:
    "Another extraordinary sign of the antiquity and racial uniqueness of the Korean people is the fact that about half of them do not have apocrine glands - the glands that produce body odor."

    ReplyDelete