Wednesday, February 23, 2011

annyeong!

just a really quick update.

1) I'm alive.

2) I'm in Seoul!

3) It's freaking cold here. its the kind of cold that makes you breathless in a moment and seeps into your bones and settles in there.

4) The other teachers seems nice, and we all have this excitement. and I'm trying hard not to make judgments. This is really hard--I can feel ALL of my anti-social tendencies working against me. However, I've just been won over by all the people putting this orientation together for us. They've been really nice/wonderful.

5) Right now we are doing a 9 day orientation and will be staying at this university + dorms. I realized I've never, ever dormed before. I'm supposed to have a roommate, but they're not here or something. So I basically have the whole room to myself. The room consists of: two twin beds--no sheets, but like covers and stuff, two desks, a table, two chairs, a phone (lol), a closet thing, oh and the best part, HOUSE SLIPPERS haha. I love it already.

6) When we arrived they gave us all like gift bags which included water and some food (custard buns, ftw!! clementines, my go to travel snack! yummmyyy), an EPIK sweatshirt, alarm clock that I can't seem to work, an adapter, a EPIK towel, a map, some guidebooks/workbooks for our seminars.

7) I've heard the internet connections in korea were the fastest in the world...so why is the connection at the dorms so sketch?

8) the 16 hour travel time to get here was BRUTAL. AND I didn't get a window seat or aisle seat in any of my flights. also, why do guys seem to think the armrest is automatically theirs? You already have the armrest...quit elbowing me.

9) no, I have yet to speak a word of korean. I'm super super shy about it (facepalm).

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a nice welcome thus far!! ((((: hope you were still able to make it to your big concert! <3

    ReplyDelete