Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bungee Jump # 2: Success!


Today was Bungee Jump attempt #2. The verdict? SUCCESS!!

My friend Christina and I went to the park early and were one of the first people to get to jump today.
Christina, in her bungee getup.

I don't know what kind of face this was supposed to be...

And instead of me talking about it, why not just show you?




I was supposed to record my jump with my camera attached to my wrist...but for some reason it just gave out right before the jump!! I can't figure it out, but I imagine I must have hit a button or something just before leaping :(



It was amazing and awesome and terrifying. I wasn't afraid until I hit free fall. I'm not naturally afraid of heights, so being up there, I was the second person to go (the first of the first-timers) and even when I was standing at the edge, a cord strapped to my back, and the man telling me to "jump into the house" that was located at a distance, I felt no fear.

He counted down, and I jumped, not hesitating and feeling completely at ease.

It was only after I jumped, when I hit free fall and my stomach dropped, did I feel fear and panic. My friend Christina said that I was amazing quiet, until about mid way through my jump, when I started to scream like crazy ^__^ I think you must be sort of crazy to do something like bungee jump--willing jumping off an ledge far up off the ground, with nothing but the hope that the cord won't snap.

I know what plunging to my death feels like.

Also, everyone talks about the initial fall, but there's also the rebounding falls. You spring back up almost as high as you initially fell, then again, and again, each subsequently a smaller height, but you do lose your stomach quite a few times.

Needless to say, I was grateful that the man in boat below grabbed my foot and brought me to semi-solid ground. Knees/legs were definitely weak in the boat and they make you sit down while the paddle you back.

I really recommend going, there's nothing like the feeling of absolute free fall. It's exhilerating and I'd probably go again...although I'm not sure I could be as fearless as I was today, knowing what awaits me haha. Maybe next time I'll try bungee jumping from my ankles, instead of the sit in harness that I was in today.

Really happy that I went...and today of all days! But more on this in a bit :)

P.S. I hate the sound of my voice & all the heavy breathing I do. Sorry, dear readers, for creeping you out like that haha

1 comment:

  1. How were you not afraid to just jump off?!? I would pee my pants!!!!!

    ReplyDelete