Thursday, May 12, 2011

This side of the Pacific: Haeundae Beach, Busan

Having been born and raised in Southern California, there are no words to describe how much I needed/wanted to see the ocean. And just how much it meant for me to do just that, in Busan, at its most famous beach: Haeundae.

A few friends and I made the 2.5 hour trip (KTX fast train) & the 5 hour trip back (slow train) over this past weekend, which was Children's Day/Buddha's Birthday.



,It's amazing how similar, and yet, how different it was to be back at the beach for the first time in over two months. I've definitely taken it for granted that I could visit the beach anytime I wanted back when I was in San Diego.

And I was definitely glad to be there, not in august, when the crowds hadn't yet come, when the weather hadn't gotten too blistering hot, and there was nothing but ocean water and sand before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment