Tuesday, January 25, 2011

02.22.2011

the 02.17.2011 date that I posted earlier wasn't for me, apparently. I arrive in Seoul on the 22nd of February, giving me a few more days.

However, this poses a few problems--or it poses a worry that I hope won't turn into a problem. You see I've already bought tickets for Big Bang's Big Show concert for February 26th. I was worried about the orientation interfering with the concert (shouldn't it be the concert interfering with the orientation??), and when I got my schedule today, I found out that orientation would end on the 25th, leaving me carefree for the concert. At least, that's what I thought. But it turns out that teachers in Seoul have a different schedule, and my orientation is from the 22nd through March 2nd, putting the concert right in the middle of it. Needless to say, I'm worried. I hope there's not some planned trip somewhere outside of Seoul that would leave me unable to attend. I would be so sad.

Also, I've been thinking about it, but I have no winter clothes--since, you know, San Diego doesn't like to acknowledge more than 2 seasons: warm, and warmer. I am trying to figure out what the best solution to this is, considering I need to fit most of my things in 2 suitcases when flying over. Moreover, I shouldn't be spending money on clothing that I can probably buy cheaper once in Korea, not to mention that I shouldn't be spending money on clothing, period, since I so many associated travel/visa costs left, and, oh yeah, my loan payments are going to start up in just a few weeks. But that's a whole different post. Still, I don't want to get to korea and freeze to death/get sick.

This post just goes to show how effed up my priorities are.

1 comment:

  1. get one good jacket now...just one. And maybe a thermal top you can layer underneath? Buy the rest of your warm clothes in korea! :)

    ReplyDelete