Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good thing I love forms

I need to do so many things before I leave and a lot of them I don't even know where to begin. Besides applying for my visa, I need to fill out an submit my tax exemption form for the year, need to notify my banks of my departure (possibly cancel my accounts), figure out how I'm going to pay for my loans, which become due on valentines day, and I want to file my taxes early so I dont have to worry about it later, cancel my memberships/subscriptions, register for an absentee voting ballot(?), among other things.

On top of this, I need to figure out my whole living situation in korea. I still don't know where exactly I'll be living in Seoul, and I still don't know when I'm flying out. This becomes particularly inconvenient for me since I am planning on attending a concert the weekend of Feb 25th. My most favoritest of groups in kpop, Big Bang, is having their annual BIG SHOW that weekend and I wouldn't want to miss it for the world. I mean, it's in SEOUL and supposedly I should be there AND they're releasing their new album on Feb 24th so the concert will feature their new songs! I know I should be excited about teaching and moving and all of that, which I am, but I need to attend this concert.

Anyway, I really want/need to take korean classes/lessons. I really wish I could have taken something before I left. I can already imagine how painful it's going to be once I get to Seoul. But more than that I WANT TO KNOW WHEN I'M LEAVING. I actually hope it's earlier February, which is crazy because its mid JANUARY. This all seems so rushed, and I have so many forms to fill out and send. Good thing I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some forms. Filling them out is so refreshing :)

3 comments:

  1. so we have to fill out a tax exemption form?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not entirely sure how it works but I can give you the paperwork if you like. I think it differs from country to country but in Korea teachers are exempt from paying tax for 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. paying tax in korea...or paying tax in the us? haha.

    ReplyDelete